8.05.2009

Single Yet Not Available

Overall, me and Mr.D wedding package consists of 4 major phases, namely 
(i) the proposal, (ii) the ‘pengajian, siraman and malam boh gaca’ (Aceh cultures all in one day), (iii) the ‘akad nikah’ and (iv) the ‘sukuran’ alias resepsi.

Alhamdulillah..we accomplished the first one, the Proposal.  It was held on Saturday, 25 July 2009…together with my 25th birthday celebration (huhuhu starting to feel old).

07.00 am

I didn’t need an alarm to woke up that morning, I felt excited all night and butterflies in my tummy.  Kept alert every hour or two, sitting on my bed, starring at my pretty blue dress that I’m going to wear for the Proposal, took a deep breath, smiling and then back to bed again. I feel like a 7 years old kid who’s going to have her first day to school moment or a teenage girl who’s going to have her high school prom night…

After bath, I went straight to Kat Salon around McD neighborhood.  Already booked it a month before…but apparently they FORGOT!!! So they kinda panicky when they saw me, hurried waking the other staffs who were still sleeping in the second floor and started to make 911 phone calls to any available make up staff they could reach.  I said nothing…the ‘jutek’ face of mine said enough…

Luckily, the make over part went perfectly.  Not too ‘menor’, not too heavy on my face, all acne scar gone invisible, not too ‘bibir merah’ and my hair only had a little but not too high ‘sasakan’.  Overall, the make up and hairstyle was perfect, all performed by Mba Ria (highly recommended) with a price below 300 thou!

10.00 am

All sets!

The food was ready, the decoration looked perfect, my bride’s maid already in her position (next to me)…and Mr.D’s family will come in the next half an hour. 

Suddenly my brother ran at my direction and said that one of my ‘rombongan keluarga nyasar mpe BSD’.

My brother : Uncle A is nyasar to BSD. He said you were pointing directions to him. What exactly did you tell him???

Me : I asked him where he was, and he said he’s 5 minutes to the toll exit.  So I said turn left when he sees a ‘bunderan’ and go straight until McD.

My brother : Well, did you mentioned that he have to go straight first then turn left on the second one?

Me : ups…ummm…well..yeah…I forgot about that one *grin*

My brother : uuurrrggghh $&%^#^%@#*

Well, it’s not my fault…it’s a common knowledge that you don’t ask me for direction since Im a little bit disoriented hehehe…and the GPS in my brain is not working well.

So yeah…they finally arrive half an hour later… ^.^

11.00 am

Mr.D’s family finally came in a very big group hehehe…

I was waiting in the ‘refleksi’ room with Yenny, killing our time with gossips, as usual.

and then my sister in law came in with my niece and said that Nasha was sweating so she needs an air conditioner room, and then she left me with Nasha…so me and Yenny played with her until she make that ‘I want my mom face’ and it took less then a minute until she finally cried and scream “I WANT MY MOMMY…..”.

me and Yenny looked at each other and then went panic.

  So Yenny finally took crying little Nasha to her mom that was sitting in the room where my uncle delivering his speech of acceptance to Mr.D’s family…

11.45 am

I was summoned (halah)…

It has been a week since I practiced the ‘catwalk’ move…so now Im ready!  I walked elegantly with a big smile on my face and then when I enter the room and heading for the chair next to my auntie, my uncle called me at told me to stand next to him…

This is way out of the scenario!!! My family was supposed to accept the proposal, and I was supposed to be called in after that, and all I did was supposed to be sitting and smiling ‘malu-malu’. Instead, I was standing in front of everyone for more than 10 minutes while my uncle was talking poetically and singing “love is foreveeerrrr….love is foreveeeerrrrrr….”.


12.00 pm

After my uncle FINALLY a

sked me to sit, next was the granting of ‘tanda ikat’.

Mr.D’s mom put a beautiful little ring to my finger and kisses me on the forehead.

After that, we were put together, me and Mr.D and people started to congratulate us before they finally enjoy the food (FYI: the catering was Rabia'h, very good price and great food!!!).

The rest of the event was taking pictures, chatting, and suddenly…a big birthday cake came out…and everyone was singing happy birthday.  I blew out the candles and gave the first the cake to none other than Mr. D hihihihi…

To this second, I still can’t believe im engaged to Mr.D…the ring successfully convince me every time I feel like hallucinating.

And with this ring on my finger, Mr.D made it clear that I am single yet not available ^.^


 Me and Mr.D

happy!!!


5 comments:

didi said...

never been this happy :D
once again, happy birthday beib, let's get together soon!

Icut said...

tapi kok muka kamu melengos yah??? apa melirik wanita lain???
hayo ngakuuuuu??? hihihihi

Nita said...

yg cowo ganteng, yg cewe cantik -anonymous krn gengsi muji didoy dan icut-

Icut said...

hihihihi kamuuuuu...aku jadi maluuuu *blushing*

.Dinda. said...

aaahh...so sweet..hihi..
btw, makanannya emang cihuy kok hihi..
congrats u guys!